3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. I will have served my mission for 1 year and 359 days. Close enough right?

I could tell you about my many spiritual experiences, the absolute greatest and best friends I have made, and I could tell you about how beautiful this place is.

I can tell you that on our own time. What I feel I need to say is what I have learned.

I for awhile was long in the dark. I relied a lot on my own ability to reason, and logically make decisions myself. I thought I knew everything. That I knew better. This frankly, made me absolutely miserable on the inside. Sure, I could put on a face. But in 2017, I decided to make small, little steps to come back to God. Baptizing my little Brother was a huge step. Being called on a mission, and make sacred Covenants in the Temple, solidified who I needed to be.

You can ask my trainer Brett Conk, I did not know up from down, left from right, or the Old from the New Testament. However, he was patient, and taught me what it really means to be a missionary.

You can ask anyone that served around me. Yes, I never really did master dignified language, I never perfected being obedient (tried as I might), I never truly was as good of a leader as I could have been.

But I did learn what God needed me to know. Jesus Christ is the Beginning, the End, and everything Inbetween. He is a God, and my savior and redeemer. It is through his Grace, infinite and eternal, that I can return to my Fathers throne and be counted worthy to dwell with my heavenly, and earthly parents. It is only through him and by him mankind may be saved. Obedience to his Gospel must be our top priority, as it is that eternal truth that brings happiness.

Thank you all so much. I Love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...