3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, January 21, 2019

10 Months!

Elder Burt has been gone for 10 months! In some ways it has flown by and in other ways it has crawled by! We miss him but are really proud of his hard work and are happy he is having so many wonderful experiences. Here is what he said this week:

Wow what a week!

First thing that happened this week was we went tracting in the boonies of our area. It was an interesting experience. We knocked on a door and an old man answered. He claimed he was a Jewish rabbi and helped crucify Jesus. That's a pretty bold claim! He was clearly crazy. 

Then on Wednesday, we moved giant logs for Brother Grant. Man that was tiring. We had to individually throw them over the fence. Then we had to pick them up and throw them in the trailer. Not easy!

We went tracting in the middle of the night in the woods. I felt prompted to knock on this little shack. The man inside was not interested. However, his neighbor was! She wants to meet with us and discuss more about the Gospel.

Friday was Zone Conference and interviews. They also had me do my district council. It was pretty fun instructing. Interviews were awesome, President Wilding is a super awesome guy. He is truly like a father to me. 

Saturday was fun. We tracted a whole neighborhood previously unknown to missionary's. We knocked on a door and a man with a kick butt mustache answered. He had a browning 30 cal machine gun on his table. I pointed out how that was designed by a member of the Church! We got talking about guns which was awesome, and then we read from the Book of Mormon to him. He loved it and wants us to come back.

Andrew is getting baptized this Saturday! I am so excited for that. What a blessing.

Have a great week! 

Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...