3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, February 11, 2019

Cabin Fever

Hello all!

This last week was not my favorite. We got absolutely hammered with snow. All throughout the week, the snow would melt, and then harden again making it impossible to drive safely. The Mission President said no driving if there is ice or snow on the roads. I don't imagine he is very happy about this either. Due to the fact we live out in the sticks, this made getting missionary work done neigh impossible. 

But we did it anyway! Thursday was the only day the roads even looked kinda safe, and I was ABSOLUTELY SICK of our little apartment, so me and Elder Lowry snuck out. We very slowy and carefully drove to a small apartment complex a few miles away. We had met a man a few weeks earlier who's name was Greg. He said he would love to meet with us some other time, but he was busy when we first talked to him. So, we went over Thursday and got a return appointment for Saturday! We managed to get a ride from our ward friend Brother Lowe (who is super rad) and we were able to make it to his lesson. We found out he has been through very hard stuff, and doesn't believe God has a plan for him. We taught him the Restoration, gave him a Book of Mormon and said he would read it. Next time we will discuss the Plan of Salvation. 

I am very excited to continue meeting with him. Pray that I don't get cabin fever to bad, cause for most of this week it looks like we are still stuck in our apartment. On the plus side, I have been studying the Old Testament like crazy! 

Love you all! GO TO THE TEMPLE! 

Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...