3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, March 4, 2019

Dead Rats in a Double Wide

Hello all!

What a week! P day we went to Steven's pass with the Spanish elders which was awesome. We then went to the Lego store and messed around. We also had another lesson with Shirley that night which is awesome. We are continuing to help her overcome her cigarette addiction. She is coming along very well!

District council was super fun. We instructed on a lot of fun subjects, like the premortal life and how to be better at contacting. If I'm going to be perfectly honest, most missionarys do not know how to effectively contact. I helped them show that you need to be excited about your message, and that you need to be theologically invested in the message to be effective.

We unfortunately did not have many lessons last week, however we did find three new investigators in one day! Hopefully we will be able to teach them when they keep their return appointment.

We had another awesome lesson with Brian however. It did not last long but we were just checking in with him. We don't get to teach him very often, but I'm sure we could get him baptized sooner if his schedule permitted. 

We helped our member Chris Canfield move back into his double wide trailer. Poor guy had to live in the streets for awhile. The trailer was some of the worst living conditions I have ever seen. Dead rats and rat poop everywhere. Poor guy. We immediately started throwing out junk. It was pretty satisfying.

I will probably be transferred next week, and it will be fun! I love you all, have an amazing week! 

Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...