3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, June 18, 2018

Happy Father's Day to All!

Hello all!

This last week we taught Deloris again. She said she wants to stay non denominational, even though she has a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We will keep working with her, she is so spiritual and incredible, and I know if she softens her heart and turns to Christ she will want to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood of God.

We also unfortunately bashed a lot this week. Idk what it is but they always end up being Baptist or born again Christians. I find it funny how they have anti-mormon classes, but we don't have anything like that in our church. We teach to love people we disagree with, and love our enemy's even more just like Christ said, while they teach that we should hate those that are even slightly different. Me and Elder Conks goal this week is to be more loving and humble. Bashing has got me super into the Bible though, and it just proves that this is the restored gospel of Christ on earth today!

Yesterday was Father's Day, and it was awesome. We heard an incredible talk from one of my favorite members Brother Pedigo. He is a convert and used to be a Stake President, so he was super on point and is kind of a legend. The Spirit was so strong, and it made me really remember and appreciate my Dad and everything he has done for me. I love him so dearly and he is one of my best friends. I love you so much Dad! He is one of the reasons I am out here, he raised me in a gospel centered home with my awesome Mom, and guided me through my roughest times. I kinda broke the rules and sent him a short text to make me feel better :). Don't worry, I will be more obedient in the future.

This week in my scripture study was great I finished the book of Alma, which I loved. Learning the history of the Nephi people's was an incredible and tragic part of the Book of Mormon, it is important to know however.

I love you all so much. Happy Father's day to all!

-Elder Burt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...