3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

3 Nephi 5:13

Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Years Eve!

Hello all!

I had an amazing week! Christmas was fantastic, we had fun opening presents in the morning, and Elder Lowry got tons of stuff! I was nervous he wouldn't, but he is doing great. It is so much fun having a son. He is a fantastic missionary and it is a privilege to be with him. We have so much fun! He also works me to death. Unfortunately last night he was pretty sick, so he hit the sack early. Before that we had dinner with the Stake President and his wife. Fantastic and fun family. He did something super duper funny though! He pointed out how in the pamphlet we use, Joseph Smith looks like hes talking to Kirk Cobain and his twin brother! HE DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THE STAKE PRESIDENT TILL AFTER! It was SOOOO funny! His wife said "Isn't that a little blasphemous"! So funny!

Our investigators are not doing so hot though. They are either out of town or waiting till February to meet with us. Its a real shame. Sooooo we have to be out and about tracting a lot. I don't mind it, but I would rather be teaching lessons. Please pray for us that we will be able to find more people to teach. That would be wonderful.

Its kinda hilarious how much chocolate we have. If you are so kind as to send me a package, I would ask that you don't put any treats in it. TRUST ME WE HAVE ENOUGH!

I have been reading in the Book of Mormon a lot lately as well. Just finished Mosiah. That story of Alma the younger is so amazing. I didn't really have a testimony at all throughout high school, sure I went to church and stuff, but my mind was always elsewhere. However being on this mission has really strengthened me and help me know who I am. and why I am here. I am so blessed to be able to share that with others.

Thank you all for being so patient and stuff with me back home. I feel like I was kind of a brat sometimes. I will make it up to all of you as best I can. I love you all! Have a great week!

- Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Home!!!

Well, due to current circumstances in the world, my family has elected to come up to Washington on Monday, and pick me up and take me home. ...